Despite our natural instinct to hibernate, once you get over the biting cold and long, dark nights there’s actually something pretty romantic about winter, and fashion and beauty trends to go with it. Here are our ten top ideas to keep you looking great until spring:
- Wavy hairstyles: during winter you need a hairstyle that gives movement to your locks and adds a bit of fun to your darker winter looks. Wavy hairstyles are the way to go, especially if you love covering your head with woolly hats! Think casual and elegant wavy hairstyles, long and short, perfect for those misty days when your hair fights against all the straighteners in the world.
- Knitwear: as the common refrain goes ‘Knitwear? More like fitwear.’ Everyone looks good in a bit of knit. This endlessly flattering choice is perfect for cold, blustery days.
- Woolly socks: and if we’re on the subject of woollies let’s not forget the simple joy in a luxurious pair of warm socks. Use interesting colours to brighten up your look and wear them pulled up above your boots.
- Leather boots: yep, of course, winter requires some sturdy, but beautiful footwear and this season it’s all about leather. Look for buckles and other detailing to get a pair that suits your look.
- Belts over coats: this is a recurring trend and one particularly big this year. Use a wide belt worn high around the waist to give you that classic hour-glass figure.
- Half-gloves: hands get chilly too so make sure to wrap up warm with a good pair of gloves this season. The trend at the moment is for those which cover up to your knuckles, but leave fingers free for using phones and holding hands.
- Thigh length coats: if nothing else, make sure to get a good coat this winter. It’s the one piece that will be most influential to your look. Coats that reach to mid-thigh are particularly on-trend.
- Temporary tattoos: usually winter is about covering up, but there will be times when you find somewhere warm and can finally remove all those layers. Why not surprise everyone when you do so with a cute temporary tattoo. There are lots of great options now designed by illustrators and fashionistas that can update your look in minutes.
- Braids: if you’re not one for wavy hairstyles and prefer to keep your hair away from your face, long hair can be kept off during winter with braids. Simple, beautiful and leaving you more time for laying on all those extra clothes.
- Treat yourself: Winter can be tough with lots of frosty weather and long, dark evenings. The greatest fashion accessory is a cheery attitude so if you need a little TLC during these months don’t hesitate to pamper yourself at a good beauty salon.
Stay warm, stay happy and look great this winter. Follow our tips and there’ll be no need to hibernate for the rest of the season!